Sunday 18 March 2012

I shall call them.... Bon Jovi muffins!


This is definitely it. Spring has arrived. Look. JUST LOOK. 


Whenever I see blossoms of any kind, it just makes me so damn happy! My whole outlook on life changes from Sad Banana to Happy Melon. Maybe it's because I grew up in Japan. Cherry blossoms - blossoms of any kind, but cherry blossoms in particular - are a big deal there, and they're celebrated accordingly. 

I know it's still a bit early to get excited, especially here in the UK…. let's face it, surprise snow could still strike tomorrow. But I'm still gonna do my little happy dance, okay? Not many happy dances have happened these past few months.

I was all set to bake something more seasonal. And then I found this. It was hiding in the back of the pantry.


I imagine I was planning on making a pumpkin pie with it last Autumn, but was probably too tired/lazy/angry/asleep at the time. So it was banished to the back of the cupboard.

I figured it was time to make amends. I had to use it, despite the fact that it was so out of season I was running the risk of losing my Happy Springtime Feelgood Mojo by catapulting myself back into late Autumn. UGH.

To be fair, the sunshine outside was enough to ensure that this wouldn't happen. I was also listening to lots of Bon Jovi, and I challenge anyone to feel shitty whilst listening to Bon Jovi. It just doesn't happen!

Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi. Jon Bovi? I've done that thing where I've said it in my head so many times, I've ended up confusing myself and the name just sounds like something I've made up....



ANYWAY. Pumpkin spice muffins. Did I mention these are vegan? I got the recipe from the the ppk website. Isa Chandra is a Vegan goddess. I would happily give her my firstborn in exchange for an opportunity to read her mind and gain all her knowledge. I added walnuts, as she suggested. I wanted to add dried cranberries too, but I couldn't find any at such short notice. 

I had mini cupcake holders... mini muffins!

I know, they're not much to look at, but they're sweet and the pumpkin puree gives them a lovely moistness. The flat definitely smelled somewhat autumnal whilst these were in the oven, but what's the harm in that? Who says pumpkin is just for Autumn, anyway? Who makes these rules?! 

I bet the boys from Bon Jovi would applaud my pumpkin-in-the-Springtime efforts. Might start calling them Bon Jovi muffins! .....We weren't booooooooorn to follow...... Go on, sing with me. I know you wanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment